Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Well im not sure if this question you can help me but in…

Customer Question
Well im not sure...

Well im not sure if this question you can help me but in regards ***** ***** a car from a dealer, contract etc then down the road went out on disability, couldn't afford my car payments so I gave then my car back. now im being sued for the balanced owed

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

In California. I gave the car back in 2005 then the car was 3 years 2008.my loan was with high interest my car payments were almost 500.oo a month,

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Not yet, being that they have already filed a judgement against me, so im being sued for the balance of 10,0000 plus fees, etc totally of 20,0000 plus my wages will be garnished, im not working im just collecting unemployment which ends next month, im appalled,

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/17/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Did you appear in the lawsuit against you? Did you know about the lawsuit? Also, you say you returned the car. Did you ever tell the lender that you returned the car?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you for just responding. No, I never appeared in court for a lawsuit that I was unaware of. When I returned the car I had spoken with the dealer , and they sent 2 guys to pick up my car the same night I called. I do recall way back after I gave the car back to them , they did contact me asking me for the balance of what was still owed on the car,. this was back in 2005-2006. I told them that I couldn't believe your asking me, they sold the car but they didn't want to take a loss. It did not make sense to me, I gave the car back cause I couldn't afford payments.

Hold, please. Let me review.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that would be fine, how about if you call me in the morning. my telephone number is(###) ###-####Thank you Damien look forward to hearing back from you.

Sure. You can request a phone call on your page. Or I can send you a request and you can accept it and we can arrange a time to speak.

Infolawyer, Lawyer