Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Is an attorney required for wage garnishments in GA. An

Is an attorney required...

Is an attorney required for wage garnishments in GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

An attorney previously issued letters to collect HOA fees and their attorney fees to no avail

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They also have HOA fines mounting to almost $77,000, besides the unpaid HOA fees, lien has been placed on homeowners

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2018
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

A lawyer is not necessary for garnishment, but the HOA is likely a Corporation or LLC and a lawyer is required to represent it in court.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we are a non-profit LLC, but it has been very difficult to find an attorney in our area, without an astronomical amount for retainer fees and we only have a few incidents that require attorney intervention. So I can file the paperwork and then just hire a lawyer to represent us?

I understand how it can be frustrating to get an attorney hired. Unfortunately, no, you cannot file the documents either. That is a form of representation. Corporations and LLCs are not natural persons and not allowed to represent themselves. All of their acts must be carried out by agents. As an agent you can file stuff on behalf of the corporation, but not in Court, because you are not licensed to practice law.

The only option if the court's are involved is to have a lawyer representing the LLC; I am sorry to say.

Please kindly rate the question so I may be credited. Thank you. You can still ask follow-up questions.

DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer