Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We are living in a hotel and soon will move to temporary…

We are living in a...
We are living in a hotel and soon will move to temporary apartment while our house is being repaired for pipe burst damage. The insurance company claim adjuster will allocate how much to give us weekly for groceries of our 3 member family. How do they determine what is fair to give in New Jersey.
1/15/2018
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

This isn't something that would be governed by a NJ statute as it is a matter of the insurer's internal policy or policy coverage limits in your actual insurance policy that say how much the insurer has to compensate an insured for their per diem food costs in the event they are displaced.

.

So your best option is to either review your insurance policy coverage limits in the actual written policy or just contact your insurer and ask them how they calculate the per diem benefits and what that is based on.. It isn't confidential or proprietary info and they should just tell you how it is determined..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer