Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am considering going to debt consolidation for my credit…

I am considering going...

I am considering going to debt consolidation for my credit card debt through a firm in NY called Davis Law Group. How can I check to see if this is a reliable choice.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

I am in Buffalo NY the law firm is in

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Staten Island and they woulf]d handle consolidating my credit card debt to lower my payments,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this a safe option to consolidate my debt and is this firm reliable.

1/15/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

While they are not accredited by the BBB, they have a rating of A+ with the BBB. See: https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/lawyers/the-davis-law-group-in-staten-island-ny-148023

The other good sign with this firm is they tell you up front that they follow the Federal Trade Commission rules that they do not charge for debt consolidation/relief up front and they charge only when the services are performed.

The problem you need to discuss with them is whether or not some of your debtors will even deal with a consolidation/settlement firm, because companies like Citi and Discover and American Express and some others will not even speak to them about consolidation, so you may not be able to get anything done with those debts.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you for your answer I don’t think i’ll Be needing anything else so I would rather not enroll in program just the $5 for initial question so this should end my free trial.
No thank you to phone call.

Thank you for your reply.

I wish you the best.