Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a dispute with a company that I believe sent me a 4…

I have a dispute...

I have a dispute with a company that I believe sent me a 4 core computer when I bout a ten core computer they are not accepting my return of the merchandise even though I have tested the computer to see if it was a ten core computer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes to the company I also took pic of the advertisement this was on e bay

1/14/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If the company will not send you the proper conforming goods, then you can first file a complaint with the WA Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit AND with the Better Business Bureau.

If this was on eBay or purchased with PayPal, you have 60 days to file a claim with both eBay and PayPal under their buyer protection plan and they will refund your money. If you are outside that time, then you would have to sue the seller in the city/state where the company is located and your cost of travel to where they are located to sue them would be included as part of your damages.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

thank you so much

Thank you for your reply.