Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

On October 2017 i decided to add solar panels to my home. I…

Customer Question
On October 2017 i decided...
On October 2017 i decided to add solar panels to my home. I worked with this company that was getting me a loan for 20 years and instead the owner called me and stated that the loan was approved and we are ready to put on the solar panels. I have been trying to tell them to fix the loan because they ended up getting a loan without my consent for 12 years instead and have told me that this route is better for me and that I should just accept it. They don't get back to me, I have to call them multiple times for them to get someone to JUST text me because nobody picks up their phones. I have told them to remove the panels and refund me for the thermostat they never put in but they just keep telling me that I will be spending lots of money with JEA if I remove them. I don't know what to do.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/13/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau and your Attorney General's Office. If your issue remains unresolved, then may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case, for this unfair and deceptive act and practice. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for your response!! I have misplaced the contract how so i go about getting a copy of it from them and how do i ensure that i will recieve a copy?

You need to request a copy from the contractor. If the contractor refuses to honor your request, then you can ask the Court to force the contractor to produce a copy of the original contract as part of your lawsuit against the contractor.

I can file a complaint without the contract and ask that they obtain it from the company if they refuse to give me a copy? Every conversation was between texts because whenever i try calling they end up texting me to "resolve" my issue that never gets resolved. I have all conversations with them stating that they will be fixing this issue and also stating that I should just keep it at 12 years because it will benefit me in the long run.

So I can file a complaint without the contract and ask that they obtain it from the company if they refuse to give me a copy?

Response: Yes. You should also state that you lost a copy of the contract and you asked the contractor for a copy and the contractor has refused to provide you with a copy.

Best wishes,

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you, ***** ***** keep all message with them as record showing that I have written them to fix the loan and they have responded by stating they are trying to fix alone and now that they cant fix it they are trying to make me accept the 12 year loan after telling them that I will like the panels off.

Yes. You should keep all communications as evidence in the case.

At this time, I request for a positive rating for my post so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, it is the way that I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Should I call the loan company and ask why they accepted to give me a loan for 12 years when I signed a contract for 20 years, shouldnt they be aware of what the customer signed and not what the company is taking a loan out with my name for the amount of years that were not discussed?

I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.