Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Facebook keeps disabling my pages because they are saying I…

Customer Question
Hello My name is...

Hello My name is Penny. Facebook keeps disabling my pages because they are saying I am not providing my authentic name. Now, grant it my initial facebook page did not have my name listed. It had a name my aunt used to call me "Love Peace and Hair grease" However, the 2nd facebook page I listed had my name "Penny Penn" which is a name that was given to me by grandfather. Please note..i also have a dba that allows me to use the name Penny Penn filed in the state of Maryland. I was a Real Estate Agent for 13 plus years. However, the only name anyone has ever called me was Penny....So I opened up another page and used my first name noted on my birth certificate and in parenthesis I used Penny. So, it was listed as follows: first name (Penny) last name. Facebook still proceeds to shut my page down. Because it so hard to get in touch with someone, I figured I might as well take them court at least a representative would show up and I would finally be able to speak with someone. With all the people out there doing fake pages that never seem to get caught.. Facebook wants to horn in on me and disabled my page just because. I pose no threat and I don't abuse face book. I am a successful business woman, college graduate, getting ready to pursue a MBA in International business studies. I have only 131 friends. I even ask if I could just change the name from Love Peace and Hair grease to my name Penny Penn. You can't make contact with anyone. I Please help.....

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ok. this is not about real estate. this is about Face book shutting my page down. please read what I wrote in its entirety.....Please and thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With regard to what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No there is not.....Please connect me..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/12/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you are not getting any response from Facebook, I am afraid that you would have to file lawsuit against Facebook. The lawsuit would be filed in the State where Facebook is doing business from.

You may consider retaining the services of a local Attorney who handles Internet and Social Media issues to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.