Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I came to an agreement with Farmers Ins who I owed monies…

Customer Question
I came to an...

I came to an agreement with Farmers Ins who I owed monies due to restitution, how do I stop FTB from taking payments?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Dept of Corrections & Rehab said they cant do anything on their end. I have letter of agreement with farmers on the amount I have paid to FTB to date plus additional $12,000 as settlement in full.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The lawyer will have to tell me what else he needs to assist.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/10/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

You have paid Farmer's off and they are still garnishing you and taking money from you?

There is a payment arrangement I have been paying. No garnishment. Do I just stop paying FTB ! I assume there must be instruction from court somehow ordering the FTB to release the collection process and
It has been paid in full.

Thank you for your reply.

If you paid FTB in full, they are supposed to file a satisfaction of judgment in the court and you need to stop paying FTB. You need to contact FTB and tell them you need the satisfaction of judgment copy and need it filed, as it is supposed to be filed within 30 days of you paying them off in full.

I need to get farmers ins to sign acknowledgment of satisfaction or
The dept of rehab and collections?

Thank you for your reply.

You need to get FTB if that is who you paid, to acknowledge the satisfaction of the debt.

If you paid the money to Rehab and Collections, then that is who you need to issue the satisfaction of debt.

Ok you are not understanding. I have clearly explained and if you read what I wrote you would not have replied as such. It is apparentnuou are not experienced in this area. Just wasted my money. Have a good day.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand only what you typed and perhaps you are not as clear in your typing as you have it in your mind, so please tell me what I am missing rather than being a tad insulting about not being experienced in this area, which I assure you that I am.

You provided small pieces of information with improper grammar and not full details and get mad with me because I am trying to piece it together. Instead of getting mad with me, how about clarifying what you think I do not understand.

I understood you said you paid FTB off and FTB was taking the money, so if that is the case they have to issue the satisfaction of judgment because that is who you paid and was getting the money. Once you have that, anyone taking money from you needs to cease and return any funds they took from you over and above what you paid off already.

End this order and conversation. I have found an attorney to assist.

Good luck to you. Hope it works out for you. Simply do not reply at all any further and it will end and close.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer