Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a company call OMNI Mediation's demanding money for a…

Customer Question
I have a company...

I have a company call OMNI Mediation's demanding money for a ill that was supposedly settled. They are threatening court actions and coming to my job to serve papers. Is this company legit?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I settled with another company in 2011, and now out of the blue this company is calling for more money

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I wrote a check in 2010 for a down payment on a car for 7500.00, but only had 5000.00 and car dealership would not accept it and considered it a bounced check. In 2011 another company said the debt would be settled if I paid over 3000.00, which I did in three payments. Now this company is threatening legal action. I paid 600.00 from a credit card on Saturday and today they want me to send a prepaid credit card for 322,.00 to settle a bill of 4200.00

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/8/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: RGMacEsq, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To be clear, nothing was paid by you since 2011 (whether or not it was settled?)

Are you there?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

Hello?