Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

HOW DO I GET A BUILDER TO REPAIR UNACEPTABLE WORK. THEY DO…

Customer Question
HOW DO I GET...

HOW DO I GET A BUILDER TO REPAIR UNACEPTABLE WORK. THEY DO NOT RESPOND. THEY ARE THE LARGEST BUILDER IN NORTH AMERICA AND THEIR PRODUCT IS TOTAL CRAP.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

DELAWARE. NO ATTORNEY YET.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

YES, THEY HAVE NO IDEA OR CLUE ABOUT THEIR QUALITY CONTROL

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NOT AT THE PRESENT TIME

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/8/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If the builder is refusing to respond and not repairing negligent work, you need to first get another contractor in to review the work and write up a report about what needs repair, why and how much it will cost. Second step you would then need a local attorney to file suit against the builder for the damage costs and seek a monetary award to pay you to get someone who is competent to fix the improper work.

Lawsuit is the only remaining recourse if the builder refuses to comply and make required repairs of their negligent work.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer