Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I need an attorney licensed in Arizona. It is regarding a…

Customer Question
I need an attorney...

I need an attorney licensed in Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is regarding a country club initiation fee being held for over 10 years

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/8/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Yes, I will be happy to answer for you. I'm based in Tucson. What is the issue with the country club initiation fee?

If you prefer to discuss on phone, I can call you too.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I joined Anthem CC with a payment of $45000 with guarantee that I would get 80% back if I ended membership. I did so 10 years ago.
They claim there is some formula for getting fee back.
I was told I would get refund within one year when I joined.
They misrepresented that and 10 years is excessive and unreasonable.
According to their formula, it could be another 10 years.
I’m 70 years old, a disabled Vet and on a fixed income now.
I suspect the ‘formula’ is designed to avoid return of fee.

I suggest a telephone call to discuss options and a recommendation to get your money back.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will call you at 12:00 EST
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No phone call.....
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer