Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Does 3 business days included weekend days? Florida. Not…

Customer Question
Does 3 business days...

Does 3 business days included weekend days?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Not yet. Purchased the training on Thursday

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/7/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

the answer to your question is no. Business days are often recognized by the state as Monday through Friday or, usually 12:00am Monday through 11:59pm Friday. Saturday, Sunday, and state recognized holidays (e.g. Christmas, Thanksgiving) are not considered business days.

What other questions did you have for me regarding this?

Thank you. If they will not process a refund, what are my next steps.

If that is the case, then this appears to be a classic breach of contract. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach, which would include the specific performance of giving you a refund. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further before you rated. If you have any other questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer