Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is The online store- Hutton-Chase a scam, they debited 30.00…

Customer Question
Is The online store-...

Is The online store- Hutton-Chase a scam, they debited 30.00 from my visa card this morning and I bought some perfume, now they said that they have an issue with me, Don't know why, I think they are a big scam, I did everything right this morning, they are supposed to report to all 3 credit bureaus for you, I think I got scammed big time, they told me to call them they wanted to talk to me, but all I got was a recording, what do you think, thanks, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No , not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think I got scammed big time, what should I do, report them

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/7/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please explain how you think you were scammed. So far all I see is that they charged you $30 for perfume and want to talk to you.

hello, I did everything right yesterday with these people, they debited my visa card 30.00 and will continue do this for 5 months, I have read on google they they may be a possible scam, and I got an email from them yesterday that said that they have an issue with me, don't know what that issue is, wish I knew- they told me to call them back asap, and I only got their voicemail
but I am not going to waste my time in calling these people back, I didn't do anything wrong, they are supposed to be a tradeline, this is to help a persons credit score, maybe------again, iam not going to waste my time in calling these people back, I don't have time for playing games

Are you talking about Hutton-Chase Corporation in Mobile, Alabama at http://huttonchase.com/? If so, they are an online department store. They've been in business for more than 7 years, are lawfully incorporated with the state, and are accredited and A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau.

You can see the ratings and review of this company here.

This is not to say that there are no complaints about them. The BBB has had 3 within the past three years, and a couple of negative reviews about them as well. It is to say, however, that they are a perfectly reputable business.

Companies that are accredited with the BBB and A+ rated typically are very protective of that rating and look to resolve consumer complaints. Otherwise, the BBB removes their accreditation and lowers their rating, which is bad advertising for that company.

So if you cannot reach the company to find out what their issue is and to resolve your problem with them and get your money back, contact the Better Business Bureau at www.BBB.org and let them go after them for you. They will mediate between you and the company without any cost to you, and should be able to resolve your difficulty. If they don't, a complaint from there to your State ATtorney General's Office should do the trick.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.