Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I was flying to Dallas from seattle to dallas on december…

Customer Question
I was flying to...

I was flying to Dallas from seattle to dallas on december 27th 2017 using economy flight. I Paid for my luggage $25 PLUS agent fees$25 but i did not get the services i paid for. The agent was very rude and intimidating when communicating with. To the point where i told her i am not going to let her ruin my vacation and she should stop using high tone voice but be professional by providing execellent customer . I was also denied to carry my luggage and felt like a criminal and that violeted my rights to my luggage as a carry on while there was empty space in the plan. The agent did violet my integrity and respect as individual. Communicating with a high tone and intimidation is not accepted especially if customer pays for service and that is custom emtional abuse. I have failed for the complaints with the airline but i need some advice if i can sue the airline for emotional distress on that they caused on that day.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a TX lawyer about this?

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have failed for complaints with the airline

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What is the cost

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

How do you pay

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/6/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

I am afraid that your claim here is called "breach of contract" if you paid for service you did not receive from the airline. Pursuant to the law for a breach of contract claim, no emotional distress damage is available. Someone yelling at a customer or speaking in a high tone of voice is also not legally actionable on its own, so your claim would have to come under breach of contract and you cannot get emotional damages, you can only get any actual money loss you prove you incurred as a result of their breach of contract.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for assisting me to have better understand of this issue.

Thank you for your reply.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer