Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to update my name from W. Lemon to Wendell G. Lemon…

Customer Question
I want to update my...
I want to update my name from Gary W. Lemon to Wendell G. Lemon.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Whats state are you in here and are you wanting to go a legal name change?

I want to update my social sec card to show my first and middle name as it appears on my birth certificate.
My social sec.card has my name as Gary W. Lemon, I want it changed to Wendell G. Lemon as it appears
on my birth certificate.

This is best done in person at local social security office you will need the birth certificate..

To get a corrected Social Security card, you will need to:

• Show the required documents. You will need proof of your identity. Sometimes you also may need to prove your current U.S. citizenship or lawful noncitizen status. See Learn What Documents You Need for more information. Under the heading, “Type of Card,” select “Corrected for a list of the documents you need;
  • Fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card; and
  • Take or mail your application and documents to your local Social Security office.

For complete instructions, please go to Social Security Number and Card.
For more information, read our pamphlet, Your Social Security Number and Card.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

You can locate local offices here

http://www.ssofficelocation.com/