Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I hope you can help me. I was driving my car home recently…

Customer Question
Good morning, Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good morning,

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Good morning,

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Good morning, I hope you can help me. I was driving my car home recently and another car ran into the back of me producing a small scrape to the paint work. The driver stopped me further down the road and claimed I was at fault for this collision and should pay for his repairs. When I looked at the damage to his car it was badly dented. Not only would this amount of damage be impossible to have been caused by this very light contact between the cars but it was on the side of his car which had not been in contact with mine.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I will send you photos . His insurance company are threatening me via recovery agents for $2,141.99. I am very worried.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don’t think so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I am Chinese lady and my English is not great and so a friend is helping me.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/5/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Thank you for your response. I do not believe this claim is correct. I think the other party is st fault as they drove their car into the back of mine. Also I don’t believe that the position of the damage or the extent can be the result of this very minor collision. I think this claim is made under false premises in order to get some previous damage rectified. The collection agency for the other parties insurance company is chasing me hard for payment which I don’t feel is correct. Please advise as to the best response. Thank you.

i understand. Have you contacted your own insurance company regarding this matter?