Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I BOUGHT A CAR ON OCTOBER 6, 2017 I HAVE MADE TIMELY

Customer Question
I BOUGHT A CAR...

I BOUGHT A CAR ON OCTOBER 6, 2017 I HAVE MADE TIMELY PAYMENTS , WE WERE PULLED OVER OFFICER INFORMED US TEMPORARY REGISTRATION NEEDED TO BE CURRENT ,CONTACTED DEALERSHIP ONLY TO BE TOLD I WILL HAVE TO RETURN CAR AND START A NEW LOAN. THEY CANNOT GET THE REGISTRATION ON THE VEHICLE I HAVE PURCHASED ANDHAVE MADE PAYMENTS ON . DO I HAVE ANY LEGAL RIGHTS

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA 2014 JEEP PATRIOT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, REPORTED OR FILED?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

HOW DO I KNOW I AM TALKING TO A REL ATTORNEY?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What they are doing is an unfair and deceptive business practice and you need to inform the dealer that if they do not correct the matter you will be immediately filing a complaint with the CA Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit AND with the CA DMV Car Dealer Licensing unit. Tell them they are in breach of contract and if they do not fix the situation and issue proper registration you will also be suing them for up to triple damages and attorney's fees for their unfair and deceptive business practices and their breach of the contract and warranty of merchantability for not providing you with a properly registered/titled vehicle.

If they refuse to fix this without this "new loan" you need to file the complaints as I said above and seek a local consumer attorney to sue these unethical dealers for their improper conduct.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.