Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I took my car (2007 Volvo C70) in to get serviced in

Customer Question
I took my car...

I took my car (2007 Volvo C70) in to get serviced in November. About a week later I received a phone call from them stating that my car had been hit while in the car wash line at the dealership. I told the person that I talked with to let me know when my car was repaired and ready for pick up. I had a loaner car from them. About three to four weeks later I received a phone call from the dealership stating that their insurance company would not pay for my car to be repaired because the repairs were more than my car was worth. I had only seen pictures of my car up to this point. The dealership wants me to come in and talk about what they will give me for a trade in and assist with putting me into a new car. The issue that I have with this is that I had a car and now I feel as if I am forced into purchasing a new car when I was not ready. I was looking at purchasing a new car in about 6 months from now. I went to get the rest of my personal items out of my car and I was devastated when I saw my car sitting in the scrap yard. I have been so distraught over this; I don't know how I am going to react when I go to the dealership as I already suffer from PTSD (26 year Army - Veteran). What do you suggest as to how I handle this situation? Thank you so very much. V/r

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Angel L. Fields

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Georgia, my car is 10 years old. I bought it new. Their insurance company is calling me so I guess something has been filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am so distraught over this situation.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/4/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Has the insurance company made an offer? Is it less than the value of the car at the time is was damaged?

Infolawyer, Lawyer