Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What are my rights as a used car buyer?

Customer Question
What are my rights as a used car buyer?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/4/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Used cars are based in contract. As a general rule, "Lemon Laws" only cover new cars which have manufacturer warranties.

So, unless you have an express written warranty, a used car buyer does not really have much legal protection. Without a warranty the transaction is generally as-is.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Lawyer