Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I purchased a car from a Ford dealer in Orlando Florida.

Customer Question
They called me today saying...
I purchased a car from a Ford dealer in Orlando Florida. They called me today saying financing was denied and I have to bring the car in to discuss other options. I signed the Retail contract on 12/19/17. Do I have any options besides taking the car back? In the sellers right to cancel everything shows N/A with no dates. Do you know of any attorneys in Florida that I can speak and have them review the contract?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/4/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean "options to keep"...are you planning to pay cash for the car?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, but I thought that they couldn't cancel the contract if it's been more than 10 days. I did everything I was supposed to do. On Monday I started a new job making more money, and they called me yesterday to verify my employment. I waited to start the new job because I wanted to be sure everything was ok. Last week,the sales guy told me I should be all good.

Wait...how do you propose paying for the car if you are not paying cash and not financing??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I have any rights to keep them from taking the car legally, since there is no timeframe on the sales contract?

Are you planning to pay for it??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I planned to make the monthly payment I agreed to on the truth in lending
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are there any lawyers you can refer me to locally?

I undserstand...but you contract was contingent on financing, no?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is a nominal ($5) additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, thank you. I'm not getting what I need. I will find a local attorney I can contact

I wish you the best

Infolawyer, Lawyer