Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I own a non emergency medical transportation company in

Customer Question
I own a non...

I own a non emergency medical transportation company in Minnesota and a person lost control of their vehicle and hit one of our transportation vehicles and caused damages that make it unsafe to drive. The driver admits he lost control but his insurance company is taking their time getting an adjuster to come look at our vehicle and it in return is costing our company money plus the potential of making money not including a employee has to stay home until the vehicle is fixed. What can I do to get the at fault insurance company to get our vehicle repaired and back on the road to make us money. Are they required to pay for downtime? We are having to turn back trips due to this and not making money having the vehicle out of commission. Please help

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Minnesota 2010

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes and the driver admitted he was at fault

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just the money it was making before this, the vehicle was bringing in around $1000 a week minus $350 for the employee

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney
Did you turn the claim into your insurance company? If so, your insurance company will immediately adjust the claim and fix your vehicle while going after the at fault driver and his insurance company. Your insurance company has an obligation to recover your deductible from the other insurance company/driver.
If you have claims such as loss of use of the vehicle that are not covered by your insurance policy, you the right to immediately sue the other driver for your damages.
Hope that helps. Please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.