Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a questions in regards to the finance company for my…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a questions in regards ***** ***** finance company for my car

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

California and the car is 7 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No it has nothing to do with how my car is running. I want to know if they are allowed to text me on one of there personals phones and ask me when they are going to get my car payment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are trying to tell me they are going to repo my car because i am 2 weeks late. No even a month

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/4/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If you gave them your number as a point of contact, then yes they can contact you on that number because they have a legitimate business reason for doing so..

.

But just so you know, they can repo a vehicle if you are even a day late on the payment.... they don't have to wait a month before doing so..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Lawyer