Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Its a fraud question. New york. I just found out about it,i…

Customer Question
Its a fraud question ...

Its a fraud question

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New york

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just found out about it,i notified the local district attorney by writing a complaint,i dont know if it will gey looked at or >?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Someone got into a trust account that had my name on it,i just found out 1 years later,they withdrew $200,000 dollars,i am disabled they stole my signature while i was in hospital,i am disabled state investigator fighting cancer and having trouble getting through to anyone at city bank

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/2/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What have they done at the bank when you reported it to the bank security department?

What is your question for us about the issue?

EMAIL ,will
I just found out 1 year later my signature was taken to citi bank where there was a trust account my name in te ust with my 92 years old mother still alive,
appears when i was in kidney failure sister asked me i sign a blank note book page.
appears th/ey ,my sister and brother in law knew of my trust account but i was not told cause i was sick in hospital.
they took my signature,i believe had someone notarize it with their written statemet sayin g i authorize them to take out the money from account!
i called for 2 months citi bank so many dept so many different numbers and ij';m very sick,finally i get retired ny city detectfive working security,
he l,ooked on computer my name ss# ***** and told me go to district attorney i can;t tell you whats happen nut you had a an account with yur mother that was closed! mhe sent me to different then numbers call nobody callme back,

You have two options. The first option is go to the District Attorney as you were told. The second option is to call Adult Protection Services and file a complaint against them for financial abuse and theft from the elderly/disabled and let them investigate. Until you know for sure it was your sister, you cannot take the other option of suing her in court to recover the money she took from you.

So you need to contact Adult Protection and the DA and file a complaint for them to investigate, that is your first step. Second, once they identify who did this, you can use a local civil attorney to sue them to recover the money they took from you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer