Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a problem with Eliminate them pest control company,

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with Eliminate them pest control company, and I don't know how to handle them. Can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes I have argued with them because they say I signed a contract which I was totally un aware of it. They assumed the guy explained but he didn't.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I sent them a letter and explained everything to the Supervisor and told them I am not going to pay fro the Nov. 4th that they came. I also called my credit card and told them Not to pay the amount but they did. I am very upset and don't know what to do/

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/2/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

First, you should demand they produce the alleged contract. If they cannot produce it they cannot claim under it. Second, even if you signed, the contract can be cancelled where the company has breached it by not performing in a professionalike manner and to your satisfaction. You can also go on the offensive and report the company to the attorney general office and the BBB, and if needed have a consumer lawyer send a warning letter demanding they cease and desist, and return fees you paid them.

Am I going to talk to some one?

You posted your question and i replied in chat. Not set up for a call. Please review my answer and let me know if I can follow up on anything.

If you need a call still, another expert may step in for that, or you can follow up with me.

You haven't done anything yet to rate you
Forget it wrong choice, hope you don't charge me anything

I am including my reply again, as I dont think it came through earlier.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything.