Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I admitted my child into a mental hospital for help with odd…

Customer Question
I admitted my child...

I admitted my child into a mental hospital for help with odd and add anger trouble. was supposed to be for 5 days the staff did not inform me that they did not dischsarg on weekends. I asked one of the staff if i could just come and sihn hem out because i have th resume treatment for bladder cancer tomrow and was informed that the DR. could get a cort order to hold him what recorce do i have

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
1/1/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I would go and try and sign your child out.You don't know that they could get such an order here.I think they are bluffing to get you to let him stay.It is very difficult for them to get such an order especially when child was voluntarily admitted.If you want your child out go get them, they likely have to discharge him.

I appreciate the chance to help you today and prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.