Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I own a car lot and someone has gone against my bond and I…

Customer Question
I own a car...

I own a car lot and someone has gone against my bond and I need to know what can I do to defend myself and my company

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

The state is ga it is a 2007 jeep and she purchased in march.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I received a notice from my bond in which I replied back. i was told in the letter i would have 30 days before they filed against me legally and 2 weeks later a notice from my bond.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The manager i had working for me added a 2000$ warranty to the bill of sale and never filed for the warranty. so 7 months later the car messed up. i called the warranty company and they said that they had nothing on file. so i sent a message to the lady apologizing and asking her for a quote from a licensed shop. she said she would and then i get hit with a letter from a lawyer.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/31/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If you have received a letter from her lawyer, you need to respond to the lawyer and inform them you offered to make the repairs and she refused to communicate with you and tell the lawyer that if he continues to pursue legal action you will present the fact that you offered to pay the repairs and she ignored your offer and you will seek your expenses and attorney's fees from her. Attach a copy of the letter or notice you sent the lady. Give the attorney 5 days for him to reply with the repair costs and inform him that you would also refund the warranty price or make sure the warranty is activated properly, their choice. Tell them failure to respond to your offer will be used as evidence in court that they are pursuing this matter frivolously when you have offered to rectify the matter in their favor.

If they refuse and continue to pursue it, send a copy of everything to your bond company and under the terms of your bond (if you haven't read it) it generally says they have the right to settle and pay and make you reimburse them.

The only real defense to what you described though is by making the situation right, paying the repairs and either activating the warranty now or refunding what she paid for the warranty.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer