Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

One second please. I may have a major problem concerning the…

Customer Question
One second please Lawyer's...

One second please

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I may have a major problem concerning the news that the is6plus phones were slowed down . After having my 2 is6plus phone for 3ys and paying it off I noticed I wasn’t able to screen off my phone to my Apple TV . I spent hours on the phone with techs and was sent to Best Buy’s geek squad to update my Apple device . Finally after being totally frustrated I call Apple and I upgraded to the is8 . Alll of a sudden I was able to screen off my Apple device. But I’m paying $32.00 a month for the new phone for the next 18 months . Sad part is when I got it I didn’t know it was all glass and dropped it after two weeks . It was a 2foot drop and cracked the device . I called Apple and they wouldn’t replace it . Now I stuck with another bill I shouldn’t have and have a cracked phone. Wonder if I have a case here , not only for me but for all the other victims that have experienced this . I’m looking for free legal advice. Did apple force me to upgrade ? Peter

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
New York State
I also needed to purchase a new otter box and screen protector for the new is8
When can I expect to hear from you JA?
12/30/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

There are lawsuits being filed all over the country over this issue. If your phone was slowed down by Apple because of the age and battery issues, then you are entitled to sue them for damages like others are doing based on their unfair and deceptive business practices. You can sue them for all the costs you were forced to incur such as the new phones.

If you did not have AppleCare in force on your phone, they are not liable for your damaged screen. If you have Apple Care they are supposed to replace it under their "don't ask don't tell" policy.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.