Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

WE traded in a used 2013 infinity on a used 2016 dodge

Customer Question
WE traded in a...

WE traded in a used 2013 infinity on a used 2016 dodge charger. The dealer asked if the infinity was damaged and was told there was a dent on the right side. without them going outside to inspect it they made the deal and a contract was signed. The following day, today they called and said we have to come in and redo the contract because the dent was bigger than expected. Is this legal as they refuse to registar the car that we bought. we are located in Mount Pocono PA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/29/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Unless your contract expressly states that the dealer can cancel the deal at its discretion if the vehicle damage is, in the dealer's opinion, greater than that which was represented by the customer, then the dealer cannot back out of the deal. A contract is a contract, and if the dealer signed without inspecting the vehicle, then that's your gain, and the dealer's loss.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer