Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was kicked off Facebook for no reason and have years of…

Customer Question
I was kicked off...

I was kicked off Facebook for no reason and have years of pictures on there that I need back... what kind of lawyer do I get to help me with this situation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have no idea what that means

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
12/30/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

FB is a private site, if you read their terms of service, they have a right to close any account for no reason or any reason at all. If you have pictures on their site you need to retrieve, then you could sue them in WA state where they are located and seek to get a court order to release your photographs. Unfortunately, there is no real way to contact FB, because they believe they are above the laws and make it impossible to contact them about their arbitrary and capricious decisions without giving customers at least the chance to remove their intellectual property. So, you would have to sue them for return of your intellectual property to recover your property.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.