Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just need to know if I have any recourse in this matter. I…

Customer Question
I just need to...

I just need to know if I have any recourse in this matter. I purchased an Amana washing machine in April,2013. It will now cost me more than the price paid ($429) to have it repaired. The part alone is $300. The repairman said it was the worst machine made. I live alone and average about 2 loads of laundry a week.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just to the repairman and the store where I purchased it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of right now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/29/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Is the washer still under warranty?

If so, have you contacted the manufacturer?

What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

If the washer was still under warranty I wouldn’t be having this problem. I have already answered your other questions in my initial communication. I also think it is deceptive to not mention the additional charge until after I authorized the $5 charge. I understand that is refundable so I am requesting that you refund anything charged to my account.

I am sorry that you are having issues with billing. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with that. I am just a site user like you. I only answer questions here. If you have billing issues, you need to contact customer service. If you have received a phone call offer, kindly disregard the phone call offer. I did not make it—it was automatically made by the site. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

As for my information request, it is understandable that you are upset regarding your situation. However, I do not know if your warranty has expired without asking for clarification. I cannot assume that you no longer have warranty on the washer because consumers buy extended warranty all the time for their consumer goods.

In any event, I am unable to further assist you. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Best wishes,