Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I booked a ticket on a website, they said they will send me…

Customer Question
I booked a ticket...

I booked a ticket on a website, they said they will send me confirmation in 4 hours through email. but after 12 hours, they sent me an email said they failed booking my ticket.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

HI I could have time to book a better deal ticket, if i found out earlier. but they didnt tell me till 12 hours later

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. i just want to know if i can sue that company for not keeping their words and wasted my time, so i missed a lot of better tickets. now the tickets price are super high thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
they are airline tickets
they said they will refund all the money back. but that is not what i want. they wasted me 8 hours. since they didnt send me any conformation in 4hours. i thought i booked successfully. my parents took the flight itinerary to fill out their vacation forms and got approved. Now everything changed. i could have book another flight 8 hours ago with the same price but another airline. now the price of the tickets went almost double in 8 hours.
12/28/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If the site was negligent and failed to notify you as they told you that they would, then you have grounds to sue the website for the damages they caused you in failure to book. In order for you to win you have to prove the website was actually negligent. If the website proves that the failure to book was the fault of someone other than the website though, then all the website is liable for is refunding your money.

Furthermore, before you can sue them, you have to also review the website policy on this, because when you make a purchase on such a site you agree to their terms and conditions and if the terms and conditions state in cases like this they are only liable to refund your money, you could not sue them for anything more than the money you paid for the ticket.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.