Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I signed a contract with Unique Home Solutions on 112/1/17…

Customer Question
I signed a contract...

I signed a contract with Unique Home Solutions on 112/1/17 for a new roof (shingles) for 26,502 dollars and found another company Total Exterior Systems that would do the same job with the same products for 13,664 dollars. I called and faxed the first company with the second quote to try to get my deposit back but was told that the company did'nt have the same amount of insurance so they would no lower the price or give me a refund

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

. I Now I think that they are price gouging me. All I would like is to have them return mu deposit of 8,839 dollars and give me a new quote for the job

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Iam not a typist so it takes me a little longer to type this out

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

In Ohio Summit county on 12/1/17

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have faxed and called the Unique Home Solutions and they sent out a representitive

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They said that the insurance amount is lower for the second company so hey would not change

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/27/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

that will be a lot easier

Thanks for your patience. So, if I can understand your situation better, was the deposit non-refundable?