Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I sent a message a couple weeks ago about somebody using my…

Customer Question
I sent a message...

I sent a message a couple weeks ago about somebody using my debit card number for the uber services and I received a email back telling me that I would be reimbursed for the bills .I sent a copy of my bank statement showing how much the bills were .I was even given a name of the person using my card number.My bank will not credit me for those bills how do I get my money back when I never used uber before?

Lawyer's Assistant: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.

How do I go to the order page I do not have an account with uber?

Lawyer's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Browser

Lawyer's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No I received emails from uber when this all was happening

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I did not use uber and those bills were not mine.My card number was being used by somebody in London that is what I was told.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/23/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Under your fraud protection agreement with the bank, they are liable for removing fraudulent charges reported within the proper time frame. If they refuse to remove the fraudulent charges, then you would need to sue your bank for breach of contract since they have an agreement with you to cover fraudulent charges.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer