Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Was. I am in Texas. I am trying to get information about the…

Customer Question
Was Lawyer's Assistant: What...

Was

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I am in Texas. I am trying to get information about the Texas law regarding automatic contract renewal. It is for a monitoring service contract. I would like to know if there is a code for HR1702 if it is a law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes, they said they thought it was not a law and asked me for the code.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is basically all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/22/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

HR1702 is not yet law; it is only a bill and is still being considered. Unfortunately, currently, there is no law in Texas restricting the enforcement of an automatic renewal of a contract in lease or other matters.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.