Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just got a call that we had won $$$>Claim # is 182444.

Customer Question
Just got a call...

Just got a call that we had won $$$>Claim # is 182444. Supposed to be from Publishers clearing House. Is this legit?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No..Just got call. less than 5 minutes ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

$500,000 second place was the payout.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are they asking you for a fee to redeem your prize?

There are scams of this kind and a red flag it is a scam is that you never entered it and they want money from you to "receive" the prize.

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.