Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I purchased a 2012 cheverolet transvers 2/21/2017,from MAHER…

Customer Question
I purchased a 2012...

I purchased a 2012 cheverolet transvers 2/21/2017,from MAHER CHEVEROLET. I WAS ASSURED BY THE SALES PERSON THAT THERE WAS NO DAMAGE AND PROCEEDED GOING THROUGH THE BUYIING PROCESS. I POINTED OUT THAT THE PAINT WASNT MATCHING AND WAS TOLD THAT THIS TYPE PAINT WOULD CHANGE ACCORDING TO THE AMOUNT OF SUNSHINE SHINING ON THE PAINT. WHEN WE GOT HOME WITH THE CAR I FELT LIKE AN IDIOT. WE PARKED THE CAR SO THAT WITH A JUST A SMALL TURN WE COULD LOOK AT ANY ANGLE DESIRED. THE COLOR THAT WAS NOT CORRECT DID NOT CHANGE AT ALL. I GOT BEHIND THE WHEEL TO MOVE THE CAR AND THE AUTO SEAT SWITCH COVER FELL OFF AND THIS UNCOVERD THE SEAT FRAME THAT WAS COVERED WITH RUST. I FOUND OTHER PLACES THAT WERE IN THE SAME SHAPE. I THINK THAT WE WOUN UP WITH A WATER CAR. WHAT SHOULD WE DO.?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

FLORIDA 2012

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NOT THAT I KNOW OF. I ASKED FOR A REPORT AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND ONE.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I JUST NEED SOME HELP AND GOOD ADVICE

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I would try to take it back to dealer here.Used cars are not warrantied here, but you can claim they frauded you see if you can trade it for another one. i understand your frustration here, I hope they would work some kind of deal on it.

Obviously you don't want it.See what they will do for you here.You can argue the car was flooded in the past and no disclosure, etc.Threaten them with the AG Consumer Section and a complaint.See if you can trade for something else.Best you can do here.

File with AG if you have too

Print and mail your complaint form

English Version Download

Office of Attorney General
State of Florida
The Capitol PL-01
Tallahassee, FL###-##-####/p>

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer