Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I have a less than 6 months old refrigerator it has been out…

Customer Question
I have a less...

I have a less than 6 months old refrigerator it has been out for 21 days with 3 service calls replaced parts lots of food loss and it’s still doing the same thing. Under warranty. Do I have any recourse

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Have only tried dealing with manufacturer but I am fed up with this situation. 21 days without a new essential applianve

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just wonder if I have a claim. Time lost from work for being here for 4 times. One was cancelled too late to reschedule plus 100:00s in lost food every time I think it’s fixed I’m just at the end with this company

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

That must be frustrating and expensive.

If a product is under warranty the consumer may sue for breach of warranty if after reasonable attempts (generally 3) the manufacturer would be obligated to replace the product.

Similarly under a products liability theory, the manufacturer may be responsible for those economic damages that are reasonably foreseeable and proximately caused by the defect, so that may include spoiled food. The court does not allow for time off work to deal with the problem unfortunately as they typically deem that is not "foreseeable" since every consumer has different employment situations (work hours, wages etc)

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/businesspersons-guide-federal-warranty-law

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello Again;

If you have any questions on the above please post by this evening so I can respond tomorrow morning; otherise I will be out of the office for a few days; of course upon my return you can also follow up then.

Enjoy your holidays, and thank you!

If no further questions kindly rate positively but if questions remain, ask away!

What happened to the 5 dollar response and charge. I was shocked to see the additional charge on my card before I ever received a response. Not what I was expecting
Please contact customer service as I don't have access to your account.
Ww2.justanswer.com/help
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There was supposed to be a 5.00 fee for just a question. Then more for follow up. Responders stated that would be the charge but there is a 42.00 charge on my card. Where did this come from and why. This should be refunded
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer