Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

My bank charged me a nsf overdraft remote transfer fee when…

Customer Question
My bank charged me...

My bank charged me a nsf overdraft remote transfer fee when I transfered money from one account to another account when my available balance in my account had enough money to cover the transfer. They are refusing to give me back my overdraft fee.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/20/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Unfortunately there's not much legally that can be done about this since it was a single overdraft fee, not a repeated transaction over multiple instances.

I understand they've denied your request, however in many cases the bank will in fact refund your overdraft fee.

Your next step would be to ask for your claim to be elevated to an Executive Customer Relations claim. If you are firm, but still polite and respectful, chances are that they will in fact refund the overdraft fee.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

replied 2 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones