Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

The garage installed parts in my truck I did not authorize.

Customer Question
The garage installed parts...

The garage installed parts in my truck I did not authorize. They copied my signature on a blank order form to make it look as if i had signed it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Wyoming and is a 2006 ford 250. I was quoted 1200 to have the eng replaced, I bought the new eng and they put in about 4500 addl parts. now have a lein on trk and going to auction it off. so far i have paid them 1500.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My atty sent them a letter requesting the trk be returned,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, it's obvious the form they sent me showing all the parts they will auction off the truck this fri.had my signature copied from an inspection form i had signed Now they say

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/19/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.