Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a medical substance on line for 5.95 and did not…

Customer Question
I bought a medical...

I bought a medical substance on line for 5.95 and did not know I had to cancel within 14 days. I paid for the trial but was billed for the items 170.00 .I filed a dispute with my credit card thru my bank 5th3rd who Issue the master card. I was advised to send product back. I package and address to a Canada address and took to post office but the would not accept It because it had no street address. Dispute was found in favor of Zyflex Supplements and card co (master card ) said I was responsible and had to pay them. I went to bank 5th 3rd and they shredded original card and issued a new one saying the 1st card was comprised. I still have charge on 1 st card and it looks like I and paying interest on it. How can I get it resolved?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

I am in Evansville,In. And it started in July or Aug of 2017 I think

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes and originally they said I was responsible for the purchase but would take me off of any future promotions. At that point I thought I was finished. But on 9/1/17 I was billed 89.95 and 79.95 by 2 different companies CDI*No2 FLEX andBOOSTEM , EACH CO HAS A different phone number in CA although I was to send back to Canada.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much are you charging?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/19/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

The company that you purchased the item from must provide you with the street address to ship back the items. Otherwise, that would be unfair and deceptive act and practice for the company to instruct you to return the items within a certain period but refuses to give you street address knowing full well that the USPS will not ship back the items to a PO Box. If the company refuses to provide you with the required address, then you need to contact the credit company once more and file another dispute. The company should not be rewarded for its unfair and deceptive act and practice.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.