Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I recived a letter actionably saying that I won 2,million…

Customer Question
I recived a letter...

I recived a letter actionably saying that I won 2,million dollars and that I may chuse 66,000 ayear or one lump sum of1,32500 for cash pay out from a sweepstakes from award notification commission north amercain division.then I fowllowed instrichion to singh 2,page and return it to them,i was enter in to a sweepstakes by buying magizines,by phone, I was reentered again in to the next years contests also ive sent money 12.99 for there there coupon booklet for won,rewards and now have been received all kinds of letters from them at there kansa city address of 2905 kansascity ks 66110, outher letters have been sent to me asking for more checks for processing my winnings .ther are no phone numbers on the winning letter or e,mail to contact ther people directly, theonly way ive been notified by letter, and now another letter has been sent from new York, by an award advisory office asking the same saying that iwon1,050.00.00 I was sent a consumer pamphlet by some of these companys, stating that no purches is nessary to win a sweepstakes yet he keeps asking for me to send a payment to release now the first letter states that iwon this amount. but I don't know how to collect the winnings in one letter he asked me to contact fiancé adviser the fowllowing leters I know are for the second speewstakes entry idont know if he pulling my leg or not,but if I won I would like to collect it I would even be willing to give an attorney 10 percent of the 2,million dollars, contact me at(###) ###-#### if you think its a scame let me know? my name is linda,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when exactly were you notified?

I live in calif, and the letter was sent to my address in Inyokern calif now ive moved tp Mojave calif the sweepstakes was sent from kansa ks

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Ive contacted thesender with singed and returned letter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Please con tact me by phone if your firm is interested in helping me to collect, phone is(###) ###-####

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/18/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Just to clarify, you are required to pay a fee for the prize to be released?

Did you enter these contests?

Infolawyer, Lawyer