Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I wish to sue the Federal Government for making it

Customer Question
I wish to sue...

I wish to sue the Federal Government for making it impossible for me to acquire the morphine that I need for a leg injury, Have been diagnosed with "RSD" since 2000. It is a painful disease that only morphine can help. Since this govt. "witch" hunt.. my pain Dr. has retired, the one left in the practice has refused to treat me. Claimed that I had a bad specimen from my every 2 month screening, of 12 yrs. Never once have I ever failed a drug test!! Not one. I am a 60 yr old woman and I am being punished by something that I have nothing to do with, I don't or have never abused my pain meds.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have requested them and have yet to receive them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that this needs to be stopped for the people that really need this medication

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/18/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Actually, the federal and state governments cannot be sued under their statutory sovereign immunity. A state or federal government cannot be sued for exercising the powers that have been constitutionally extended to them, it is called a "non-justiciable issue" pursuant to separation of powers under the Constitution. So, if you have an issue with the new laws, which by the way are state laws, designed to curb and control opioid abuse, which is within their duty for health and welfare of their citizens, the only way to fight this would be to go through your legislatures to try to carve out some type of state law exception for the many patients who suffer from chronic pain issues.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.