Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My car is at the dealership and they say it needs a new

Customer Question
My car is at...

My car is at the dealership and they say it needs a new engine because part of a spark plug breaking off and has been rattling in the cylinder and previously the car was at a local shop and they ended up putting new spark plugs in the car and I want to k ow if the local repair shop is liable for the repair

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Pennsylvania the car is a 2001 Volkswagen passat

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

The car is too old I don't think they will do anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if I have a case I stopped by the shop that did the spark plugs and he kinda blew me off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/17/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about this. Do you know if the spark plug was properly installed and this broke and happened after the way?

I would hope it was they are supposedly a certified repair shop

Thank you. Yes, they could be liable if they were negligent. By that, I mean if you can show they improperly installed these and as a result, they broke off and caused the damage, you could sue and go after them for the cost of a new engine. They would be liable for their negligence and failure to perform the work requested in a workmanlike manner and you could sue them.

Ok I can get a report from the dealer

You are welcome. Yes, you do and want to be able to get them to testify in court as needed, as an expert, if there is evidence of this. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!