Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can a business sell my title loan i had with them if they…

Customer Question
Can a business sell my...
Can a business sell my title loan i had with them if they close down?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Georgia law, it depends if the title loan agreement says it is assignable by the lender or not. If it does not say assignable, then they cannot sell it to a third party.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars and pressing send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

I read my paperwork and i dont see it anywhere. I have a title loan with a company but they closed without contacting me. Another company called me and left a message for me to come in and sign their papers and they want to take pics of my car. They stated they purchased my account and need my signature and pics. Im not sure why the other company didnt notify its customers. I did go by their office just to check and a sign was on the door to call the other company. Im not sure what to do. Especially when it come s to me signing papers
What would you advise?
Are u asking for 269 to answer this because that's all the info i have. I dont have anymore to provide do 269 wouldn't make since for me to say what i already typed
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to Justanswer! I will be further assisting you with your post.

Your Questions:

Response 1: Yes. However, the business should have informed you of this transfer and the contact information of the new lender. In any event, the transfer to the new lender is still valid.

Another company called me and left a message for me to come in and sign their papers and they want to take pics of my car. They stated they purchased my account and need my signature and pics. Im not sure why the other company didnt notify its customers. I did go by their office just to check and a sign was on the door to call the other company. Im not sure what to do. Especially when it come s to me signing papers

Response 2: You should never sign such documents without thoroughly reviewing them or having an Attorney review them for you.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I'm more confused now because yall gave me 2 diff answers. The other atty said my agreement in ga must state the loan is assignable.

I stand by my response to you based on the information that you have provided.