Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been to a mental health floor at a hospital 7 times…

Customer Question
I have been to...

I have been to a mental health floor at a hospital 7 times and i keepted telling them i didnt want to hurt myself or anyone and kept me there for 3 weeks 5 times

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ny

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I dont think soo

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The abused me to they

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/17/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under New York law, they cannot hold you against your will or they cannot give you treatment if you refuse treatment. They would have to have a court order to to do that, and you would have the right to object before they get the court order. Therefore, their actions are most likely illegal and you have a damages claim agasint the mental health hospital under New York law.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars and pressing send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Please rate five stars by clicking on five stars ***** and press send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on the stars and pressing send.

A BONUS is appreciated after you rate.