Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I paid money for a folder that was to be used for

Customer Question
I paid money for...

I paid money for a folder that was to be used for advertising for my business. Up front amount 1745.00. They refuse to continue with the printing and disturbing the folder unless I pay in full...sight unseen. I am not happy or comfortable with this company. I have asked to cancel and get my money refunded..and they refuse...I just do not want to continue with them.

Lawyer's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money.

Ok..thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

State of Nevada....I paid some time in July, my bank reversed the charges for me..because they would not reply to me..as of this morning the bank reversed it and took it back out.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

I have to go to work now...so please let me know how I can continue with this later.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only with the bank

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so...I just don't think the company is legit. They just keep asking for more money, with out answering my questions.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/16/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What did the contract you have with them state?

The only contract I can find was receipts and bal due...per DocuSign..

Thank you for your reply.

If they performed any work for you pursuant to the agreement you signed or the documents had no cancellation clause in them, then this is a civil dispute if they failed to perform as agreed. If you claim they did not perform as agreed, but after investigation they convinced the bank there was a contract between the two of you, then you would have to sue the company in small claims court to seek to get your money returned to you. You would need to show they breached the contract, which was your grounds for canceling the agreement and seeking a refund of any money paid to them.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.