Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Cincinnati Insurance Company is refusing to pay for damage…

Customer Question
Cincinnati Insurance Company is...

Cincinnati Insurance Company is refusing to pay for damage to my vehicle as a result of an accident in Ga.due to a phony accident report of a Ga.State Patrol Officer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Georgia it was a semi

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I have a court decision the other party was at fault

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My insurance paid for their damage but no on has paid anything for my losses-my insurance paid for their loss of theirs in spite of the court decision that the opposing party was at fault

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/16/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If there was a court determination of fault on the other party, you would need to seek to sue the insurer and driver of the other vehicle for damages in court. You would need to take their insurer to court together with the driver/owner of the vehicle and if you have a court decision that the other party was at fault, then that would be the evidence you need to get a civil judgment in your favor.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.