Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Tampa Florida. I called a few times but no real response. My…

Customer Question
Hello there... Lawyer's Assistant:...

Hello there...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Tampa Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I called a few times but no real response

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My question has to do with the purchase and failure of a used car less than a week after purchase.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
I purchased a car from Tampa Mitsubishi in Tampa and promptly recognized issues. I tried to return the car almost immediately. They made a proposal for me to buy a more expensive vehicle and sell them back the car I just purchase for a substantial loss but before I could even weigh my options the car died from engine failure. Less than a week of purchase the engine died. The warranty sold to me was claimed to be a bumper to bumper warranty, but the warranty company has denied the claim indicating the issue was a preexisting issue. My question is to find out if there are options available to me to resolve this situation.
12/16/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

I suggest you file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's office who will conduct a state investigation and get you repaid for the damages you suffered.

Here is the form to file the compaint online. Go to this link:

http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Consumer_Protection_Division

Please rate five stars ***** and press send

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate five stars by clicking on five stars ***** and press send.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.