Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son got an engine from ******** for $1109, the engine was…

Customer Question
Hello, my son got...

Hello, my son got an engine from ******** for $1109, the engine was bad and they were surpose to return his money in October but it's now December and nothing, but when I text the number he says it was sent out and only $950, because we have to pay for shipping the engine that don't work, sorry I'm ranting but I'm very angry, and want to sue for my sons money back!

Lawyer's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money.

I'm confused I went to the email you just gavr me and it came back to this page, so how does it work, I need legal help on filing a claim!

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

OHIO,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No because I'm not sure about how to go about it 1st time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think his name is Marvin ****** at ****************** and that's the number I text him on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/14/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: attyadvisor, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Lawyer

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

The first step is to file consumer protection complaints at the State and the Federal level. The consumer protection agencies are paid for by your tax dollars to assist you.

The other option, and you can do both is to file a claim in court for the amount owed.

Can you tell me if there was any paperwork signed?

No papers sign but the cash was sent from his fathers visa card

I see them in Indiana. I am not seeing them Ohio. Can you tell me where in Ohio so I can tell you the complaints to file and how to bring a small claims action?

The Ohio Attorney General is the top law enforcement officer in the State. The AG is tasked with investigating and resolving consumer complaints against companies doing business in their State. You will contact that office at http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Forms/Forms-for-Consumers/ConsumerComplaintForm3292012-pdf.aspx

At the Federal level a complaint for an investigation can be filed with the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=251&Url=%23%26panel1-2#crnt

I have more information for you if you can tell me the county in Ohio.

In Ohio you can sue in small claims court for up to $6.000.

"On September 28, 2016, the maximum amount of damages that parties can seek in Ohio's small claims courts increased significantly - from $3,000 to $6,000, exclusive of court costs and interest." https://www.frantzward.com/news-blog/october-2016-1/jurisdictional-maximum-for-small-claims-courts-in

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars?

Thank you for your consideration.

Are you online with me?