Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We purchased a new Bosch Dishwasher from Lowe's on Dec 15,

Customer Question
We purchased a new...

We purchased a new Bosch Dishwasher from Lowe's on Dec 15, 2016. It was not delivered until Dec 22, 2016. Yesterday, Dec 13, 2017 it crapped out. I called the Bosch company and they told me that since we bought the unit on the 15th, the warranty runs out on the 15th even though we never got to use it until the 22nd. The Bosch company told me to get it fixed before the 15th. The only loc al appliance repair facility in Tallahassee is Shields Appliance. I called them on the 13th and got an answering machine. They said they were busy and they would answer my call on the 14th. No call. I called them again this morning, 14th and got the same message that they don't get their calls until the 15th. That is too late. What is my recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tallahassee, Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

As I said in my message I called them on the 13th.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
12/14/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

unfortunately the terms of the warranty will govern as that is a contractual document so the terms are binding between the parties.

So if the warranty provides that it is to begin upon date of purchase (versus delivery) that will be controlling.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/businesspersons-guide-federal-warranty-law

With that information please keep in mind that most credit card companies will extend (usually double for up to one year) a warranty for items purchases with the card.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.